God Answers Prayers



Yes, it's true. He does. You pray. He answers.


Wouldn't that be funny if that's all I wrote. I mean that's the meat and potatoes of it right there! All you have to do is speak to him, and he answers.

Now, maybe I should also add, it may not be always how you expect, or want him to answer, but he hears you.

It makes me think of school. I mean I only have 25 little 7 and 8 year olds, "Mrs. Ebersole"-ing me, what seems like 77 million times a day. Can you imagine all the "God" "God" "Dear God" "Heavenly Father" "GOD!" that our Lord hears every second! It would be enough to drive me crrrrrayyyyyyy!
That thought made me laugh out loud :) 

But the thing is--he hears each prayer. Each and every one.

I was able to be used in Gods plan for answering someones prayer. I was in the bookstore last Friday, picking up a book I'd been eyeing, and then I continued to browse the shelves. I came across Un-invited by Lisa TerKeurst---and out of nowhere a coworker that I had previously taught with popped into my mind. I just had to buy it for her. Later after I had left it in her room, she said she had prayed to God about her emotions and prayed to overcome her feelings of rejection, she felt this was God's way of listening. I felt so blessed to bless her <3


Grief does come and go in waves. The end of the month/beginning of the month always sends me into anxiety overload. Some months it seems worse than others. The beginning of the week on Sunday, it started after church. I prayed for the Lord to give me comfort, strength, and guidance. I was feeling frustrated and tired and defeated. I prayed this prayer before bed, driving, making dinner, teaching, cleaning, blow-drying my hair, pretty much everywhere.

And then the strangest thing happened...

Tuesday night, I received a very sweet message from a dear friend that I hadn't spoken to since the summer (almost 7 months ago). She is also a Christian mom and teacher, and she spoke very encouraging words, and said that I had been on her heart.

And then...Wednesday morning, I received another sincere text from a family member saying my family and I had been on her mind and she just wanted to let me know she was praying for us.

I mean WOW :) I felt so blessed. That our Lord not only laid it on one persons' heart to reach out to me, BUT HE LAID IT ON TWO PEOPLES HEARTS!!  I was brought to tears. I don't know that I've ever seen my prayers answered that quickly.

My point in sharing this with you, is that he's there. He's listening, watching, waiting. All he wants is a relationship with us. And it can all start with a simple prayer, "Hey God :) I just need you". I want this for you, I want you to find the peace, joy, and comfort that I've found. It's only a conversation away.

As always, I'm here!! If you'd like to chat mwhitt613@gmail.com shoot me an email, text, or whatever works! I'd love to talk!! 

GOD BLESS YOU!

No comments

Back to Top